The policy is a health insurance policy specially designed to cover expenses incurred during hospitalization due to illness or accident for customers aged 50 or over.
Star Health and Allied Insurance, India’s leading independent health insurance company, has announced the launch of Star Health Premier Insurance Policy, a unique health insurance policy specially designed to cover expenses incurred during hospitalization due to illness or accident for customers aged 50 or over. older.
The Star Health Premier insurance policy provides benefits such as home care treatment for specified conditions (up to 10% of sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs.5 lakhs), cost cover hospitalization and day care as part of Ayush treatment, coverage for traditionally excluded non-medical items such as gloves, food costs and other consumables during hospitalization, and coverage for modern treatments up to 50 % of the sum insured either as an inpatient or under day treatment in a hospital. These features make this product well suited for the elderly.
The policy is available on an individual, floating basis for adults aged 50 and over. Unless the insured has a pre-existing condition, is undergoing medical treatment or is disabled, there is no requirement for pre-medical tests to qualify for this policy. Customers can purchase the policy through premiums which can be paid in quarterly or semi-annual installments. The product offers a policy term of 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
A host of special features such as mid-term inclusions, outpatient medical expenses, health check benefit, all day care procedures, road and air ambulance expenses, pre and post- hospitalization, organ donation costs, bariatric surgery, cumulative bonus, rehabilitation and pain management costs, palliative care and home care can be covered through this policy.
Key Features of Star Health Premier Insurance Policy
Sum insured available up to Rs.1,00,00,000; Client can opt for sum assured of Rs.10,00,000, Rs.20,00,000, Rs.30,00,000, Rs.50,00,000, Rs. 75,00,000 and Rs. 1,00,00,000
Coverage: hospitalization, day care, road ambulance, air ambulance, organ donation costs and before and after hospitalization costs
· Additional benefits include AYUSH treatment, rehabilitation and pain management, bariatric surgery, modern treatment coverage, home care, palliative care, medical consultations and telehealth.
Covers outpatient medical expenses from day one
· Automatic restoration of the basic sum insured once per 100% when partial or total use of the sum insured.
· Long term discount – For a 2 year policy – 10% discount on the 2nd year premium. For a 3 year policy – 11.25% discount on the 2nd and 3rd year premium
Benefits of the policy
Health check-up benefit for each year without claim
· Pre-hospitalization costs covering medical expenses incurred up to 60 days immediately before the hospitalization of the insured.
Post-hospitalization expenses covering medical expenses incurred up to 90 days immediately after the insured person’s discharge from hospital
· Cumulative bonus of 20% of the sum insured coming due for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 100% of the basic sum insured
Home treatment for the specified conditions up to 10% of the sum insured is subject to a maximum of Rs.5 lakhs
· Palliative care: Payable up to 10% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs 5,000,000, if used at our in-network facility, payable once in a lifetime for each insured person.
Hospitalization at home: coverage for medical care (including AYUSH) for a period of more than three days, for an illness/disease/injury which, in the normal course, would require care and treatment in a hospital but, on the opinion of the attending physician Practitioner, is taken while confined to the home
Ayush treatment covering hospitalization costs and day care up to the sum insured
Covers non-medical items (consumables) such as gloves, food costs and other consumables during hospitalization
Modern treatment covers up to 50% of the sum insured, either as an inpatient or as part of day treatment in a hospital
· The Star Wellness program incentivizes and rewards the insured through various wellness activities. The insured can earn wellness rewards points for a premium reduction. This wellness program is activated and administered online through the Star Wellness platform through the Star Health customer mobile application “Star Power” and through the “Star Health customer portal” (digital platform).